Sunday, September 12, 2010

Flipped Around!!??!!








So, i know i'm not a very good blogger. I do have good intentions, really, but life is busy and I feel guilty when I'm on the computer. It seems like such a waste of time!! But I enjoy it, and i know its important to journal, so heres another crack at it.

My life right now is.....wierd, crazy, a little scary, exciting, and hectic. Let me explain.

So we (Chad and I) have decided that the best thing for our family is for Chad to go to school. So, he is doing upgrading in Lethbridge at the college, and then going to Sait in Calgary next year. We decided to put our house on the market to see if it would sell, and guess what.......it sold in 2 weeks!!! Crazy!! We had to move out quick so our August was a whirlwind of packing, cleaning, moving, and going crazy amongst it all. Chad can not stand the thought of paying someone else's mortgage, which I can understand, so renting a house was not an option for us. So to solve that problem we decided to look for a house to buy. And the pics above are what we found!!! We wanted to keep it cheap, so our options were few. It is small and old but we see some potential. I have to admit, I do get a little tiny bit depressed each time I go over there, but with some positive thinking I quickly get excited again. The previous owner was a smoker, so really, thats the biggest issue. As soon as I walk in the house I feel like I am surrounded by 8 people blowing smoke into my face, but you get used to it after a while, hehe!! With some help from numerous coats of kilz primer, then some texturing, then some more coats of primer, and a coat of color, the smell will no longer be an issue. Then some new flooring and lights will make it nice and cozy!!!! I hope we can get cracking on these things, hopefully to be in by Thanksgiving!! But who really knows, no one is ever done by there estimated date, honestly!!!
So, you'll have to wait and see how it turns out!! I am so very excited, I will post when we are all done. And I'm sure you'll get some updates along the way!! Although with my past blogging record.......you might see by next year!



















2 comments:

  1. wow. that is a lot of crazy change! good for chad going back to school, it's tough, but worth it. what is he going to do at sait?

    good luck with the house renos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is going into civil engineering. I am super excited for him, but it's a little scary too!! We wish we did it when we first got married, but that would have been to easy, right!!

    ReplyDelete